Mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
This mission gives GSK the purpose to develop innovative medicines and products that help millions of people around the world.
- a research-based pharmaceutical company
- business employs over 100,000 people in 117 countries
- over 15,000 people work in research teams to discover new medicines
- screen about 65 million compounds every year in search for new medicines
- make almost four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products every year
- the only pharmaceutical company to tackle the three "priority" diseases identified by the World Health Organization: HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria
GSK distributes more than 35 doses of vaccine
more than 1,100 prescriptions are written for GSK products
GSK spends more than £300,000 to find new medicines
more than 200 million people around the world use a GSK brand toothbrush or toothpaste
factories produce 600 million tubes of toothpaste
GSK has a wide range of product brands in Slovenia: Aquafresh, Sensodyne, Parodontax, Corega, Lactacyd etc.